What a crazy, I mean CRAZY, last few months.
And again… I am writing an apology blog. I am literally the worst. What happened was I was writing a book review for a very academic book, that was wonderful, but taking FOREVER, and I stalled out. I didn’t want to post until I finished it as motivation, and now 3 months later, it’s still not done.
So I give up. That stupid review will not be posted. BUT I WILL POST! Life has been an absolute whirlwind, and I am finally getting settled back stateside.
So here is a fly-by update of what I missed telling you all about over the last 3 months.
- April 4-8 – Camp with our Students
- April 21 – Trip to Bruges/Brugge with Jennifer & Shawn
- May 8 – A 9-Hour Romanian Wedding
- May 21 – Lecrae Concert
- May 22 – Surprise Party for me (the night before I left)
- May 23 – I came back to the US of A (And got trapped in Tulsa overnight because of crazy storms)
- May 29– My Friend leave for Nicaragua for a month with a bunch of my students!
- June 1-5 – Middle School Camp with my students
- June 4 – Broke my toe at camp… seriously.
- June 6 – My BEST FRIEND got married!
- June 15-18 – VBS!
- June 12-14 – Weekend Retreat in the Woods (Processing Belgium and such)
- June 19 – Started a week long temp Job
- June 25 – Got hired on Full Time at my Temp Job (For the summer until I go back to Belgium)
- June 26 – Everyone comes back from Nicaragua!
- June 28 – July 1 – Volleyball Tourney with The Youths at church
- July 4-5 – Good Times with Family in Stillwater.
- July 10 – I quit being a loser and start blogging again.
Now you are caught up. Welcome to my life.
In all seriousness, the challenges that I have faced over the last 6 months has been exhausting. Some were expected, some caught me completely off guard. Things I thought were true, are not, and things I would have never believed are now concrete in my heart.
For I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. – Phil 4:11-12
This has been made true in my life. Contentment and rest are trending as the theme for my summer, and as frustrating as learning these lessons are, I am enjoying the process. I am enjoying the freedom from feeling obligation and the depths of joy in resting and feelings rested. I am still working on not feeling guilty when I say no, and the feeling of needing to do more, but I have decided this is a fight worth fighting.
I will write again soon. I will post LONG overdue pictures from Bruges. I will reinsert myself in your lives. Sorry for taking so long a sabbatical. It wasn’t just you, I promise.